Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Main Character - Upper Body

Before making the model a-symmetrical like the original concept, I decided to start fleshing out his upper body.

I added some additional edge loops to the upper body, so that I could extrude extra geometry.


I followed this method as I wanted as much detail in the geometry as I could get, within reason, so that when it came to sculpting I could push for extra detail.


I tweaked and moved the edges around to create the creases and folds on the cloth, in preparation for moving it about after I remove the symmetry.


I also took the opportunity to start creating the belts around the mesh. I approached these in a similar manner to how I did the boot straps. I made them as separate pieces and combined them.

Once I was happy with my symmetrical geometry, I collapsed the stack and turned my focus to the character's arms.

I selected various edge loops on the left arm and used the scale tool to bulge out the shape. I tweaked this until I had a baggy sleeve shape that I was somewhat happy with as a base.


I feel that having a focus on the asymmetrical assets of the character, helps brings the designer closer to the initial concept, and also makes for a more interesting outfit.

Hopefully when it comes to sculpting the model in zBrush I can transfer some of the detail back to the actual model, due to the extra geometry I've added.

No comments:

Post a Comment