Friday 31 January 2014

World Building 8 - Tree

For this project we had to design a tree with character - not as a character, but rather with interesting aethestics to it.



For my moodboard I was mainly looking for images with a matching mood and colour scheme to it. A lot of images seem to be associated with this complimentary scheme and style, and since I wanted to base my tree off something in a swamp or marsh.


I started off by simply sketching in the basic scene, and the different background/foreground elements. I then started working on adding some value to the tree itself and some brushing on the swamp water.


I mixed a few textures on the swamp water and experimented with some different brushes to give the tree an interesting ccontrast to the rest of the image in both texture and sharpness. I experimented with the lighting to give the image more of a mood and tone.


I like the brushwork and texturing within the image, however I feel like the image's lighting could of used some work especially on the tree itself, as in my opinion it stands out too much from the background in a bi tof a cartoony way.

No comments:

Post a Comment