Thursday 3 April 2014

Vertical Slice: Lou the Player's Character

Using my final concept design Lou I began work on creating our play character's model.


 I began with reference cards for my character, then just began by simply box modelling the body using the similar technique to the minotaur box modelling.


I refined the outline and details trying to align it to the reference cards.

I forgot to take anymore WIP screenshots I'm sorry :(

But my process was to finish all the models, bake an AO map took it into photoshop to make a diffuse then used nDo2 to bake a normal map.

Once I was done with modelling the character and getting the majority of the texturing done, I sent it into Maya to create a rig for Nick to start animating with.


This was the first model we put into the game, but there still improvements that needed to be made.

Once I was done with the first iteration of the model, I decided to begin work on improving the textures as Tanguy suggested:


This was our final texture and design for the character.


Here he is from different angles.


This is our character with the different masks equipped that he could obtain throughout the game.

Overall I was very happy with my result of the character. I feel I managed to achieve the exact concept and design we set out for him, its just unfortunate that our camera is a little too zoomed out so we can not see the details of his model. I've also learnt to model and texture better for the project which has helped me out greatly for creating the other characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment