Wednesday 14 May 2014

Vertical Slice - Giant Tree

Due to our environmental assests being behind, I had to pick up some of the slack. We needed a giant tree for plat forming in the scene, but due to time constraints there were a few issues, but I did get the model done.


I started with the tree stump base mesh from Mudbox then I extruded it and warped it into the shape of the tree we wanted.


I extruded branches and mushrooms as platforms and tried to predict the overall jump and distance. Unfortunately we did not know how to export the Unity scene as an FBX at the time, which would of made this process much easier to create the model for platforming purposes.

However when thats done I unwrapped it in roadkill.


I sent the tree into mudbox to be painted and sculpted, before we placed it into the scene.


I was happy with the result, however it did not work well as a plat forming element and since we were pressed on time there was little changes that we could of done. If the environmental artist had got it done earlier I think we could of made it a stronger platforming element in the scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment