Thursday 6 November 2014

Year 3 Work - Character Artist

From this post onwards will be my Year 3/Final Year Project work.

I'll be a part of a group this year, as we attempt to produce a game for the end of year show.

The role I have been assigned is character artist, which is the role I was intended to do in the first place.

I chose this role because my primary interest is in designing and creating characters, I want to take a design from my imagination and develop it into a final and playable result.

My goals for this year are to improve my overall work flow, from start to finish - I aim to have a more focused pipeline, so I can achieve a result quickly, but also at a much higher quality than before.

I'm planning to look at zBrush so I can produce high quality sculpts of my models and render them as normal maps, if I'm aim able to I would also like to become proficient enough to be able create everything from start to finish in the program, and retopologise later.

My initial work goals are to produce the Protagonist Model along with three boss models of different models, for a stretch goal we might produce standard enemies so I'll model them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment