Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Gorge Bridge - Creating Platforms

A quick update to the Gorge Bridge.

One of the ideas we had was for the giant Wurm in our scene to smash the Gorge-Bridge, with the resulting rubble creating floating platforms.

To achieve this I simply broke up the bridge I already had:


I mainly deleted polygons, then used the cap or collapse tools to cap off the ends.

When it came to mapping the broken ends, I simply uv mapped them to use the same texture as the gorge bridge's cap:


I also used a script named vorosfrag to decimate and destroy one of the platforms so that they can be turned into rubble:



This was just a quick way to create some platforms to use in our game, but I feel it worked quite well.


If I have more time I would very much like to experiment more with the shatter script, I feel it can create an interesting atmosphere with the floating rubble and can add to the surrealness of our scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment