Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Wurm - Texturing/Finalising the Wurm

When I was happy with my sculpt I created a low poly mesh, using the zremesher tool and some tweaking in 3ds max.


Following that I baked my maps in xNormal from the high poly to the low-poly, then I plugged them into dDo.

I decided to go for the alien flesh material for the underbelly, as I thought it was quite unusual and interesting visually.


I also tweaked and messed around with the gloss-map to get a more wet and slimey effect to the worm's gross skin.

I imported Nik's animations from the worm to find a nice pose for him for a render.


Then in Marmoset Toolbag 2 I brought the worm into the scene with some set lights, and posed him in position to create some nice renders.




Overall I was very pleased with how the Wurm came out. He's was very gross and wet and disgusting.

I do feel that I should of perhaps constructed before hand as a low-poly then sculpted him in zbrush, rather than creating him from scratch in zBrush itself.

Still I learnt from my zBrush/Quixel work through that I can produce a quick model, with a decent result.

From here on out, I think I should continue to refine my sculpting skills and keep pushing for that extra detail so I can really elevate my work further.

No comments:

Post a Comment