Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Warmongering Statue - Texturing

It was time to create the low-poly model of the statue and add some textures.

I took my highpoly model, and retopologised it and created a low poly model, then unwrapped it.


I had to play around with the zRemesh tool as I was getting a few spirals when I was remeshing the model, but I managed to fix it in the end with a bit of experimentation.

I followed the usual process and created my textures in dDo:


The albedo map was pretty simple for this one, as most of the detail was going to come from the normal and AO maps.



I still want to work on the textures a bit until the degree show. The normals came out well but I feel I can do better with the actual mateial on the model.

I also aim to a few versions of the model, one in a pose. But this will be for the final polish for the show.

I'm happy with how quickly this model came together, and would like to work a bit more on it to get that extra polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment