Tuesday 11 December 2012

Sketchbook 11 - Character Design and Toys


First sketch was of a toy helicopter I used to play with as a kid, I wanted to go for a vehicle design, and my aim was to try and achieve perspective with as little guidelines as possible, I think it was a fairly successful attempt as a sketch, but I did have some trouble with the wheels.


 Here I sketched two character designs, the first a warrior woman of sorts, I still need alot of practice with female characters, but I'm ok with how this came out, I think the proportions fitted well, but I wasn't too pleased with the face at all, although the scan of the image takes away alot of the shading.

The next character was a alien/creature design, really rough but I fele it has quite a bit of character, I like the overal design, but once again the shading disappearing on the scan has annoyed me a bit.


 Here was a sketch of a Luke Skywalker figurine, not pleased with this one at all, admittedly I was tired when I did it, I don't like how the head came out at all, then again the model's face was somewhat melted. I think the body isn't too bad, but I could of done better overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment