Wednesday 16 January 2013

3d Lesson 14 - Frog Animation



In this last 3ds Max session, I had to rig the model of the frog I pelt mapped, using the default biped.

First I did was to flip the frog into an upright position, so that I could better line up the biped.


Once done I had to move the individual bones of the biped into the frog's corresponding limbs and body structure. It wasn't too difficult - the most tedious part was lining up the extra horse-link join in the leg. When the parts were lined up I used the skin modify to weigh the bones - I edited the envelope's vertices to make sure the model deformed properly according to the skeleton.


When I was satisfied with the weighting, all that was left, was to animate the skeleton using the key frames tool and make my animation.


I was very happy with how the rigging came out on this model - I felt the weighing was fairly accurate, and although there were some parts of the model that deformed a little incorrectly, this was due to the model itself rather than the weighing I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment