Wednesday 13 February 2013

Life Drawing 8 - Inking


This week we once again had the female model posing for us.


Our first task was to start with quick five minute sketches, focusing on various poses - I'm fairly happy with how my drawings came out with this, I felt I got enough detail in during the small time frame.


Our second task was using inks to capture the pose. I had difficulty with, I managed to get a technique down after a few trys, but overall I feel that I certainly need more practice before mastering it.


We ended the lesson with two 30 minute drawings, I chose to use pencil and charcoal for this as I wanted to focus on my mark making. I felt these two pieces were a definitive success and I can see clear signs of improvement with my drawing overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment