Tuesday 19 February 2013

Life Drawing 9 - Dynamic Pose


This week in life drawing was a focus on more dynamic poses.


We started off with some very quick sketches of a variety of poses, the first lot being static, the second one a series of the model walking. I'm happy with how these came out due to the fact I'm finding its quicker to capture and map the form and anatomy of the human body - although if I only had a minute longer I think I would of been able to add in shading and further details.


I followed up with a couple of longer sketches, I had some difficulty with the anatomy especially on the one when the model is lying down, due to the difficulty of the angle and pose - but overall I feel a definite improvement in my life-drawing skill.

I ended with a quick five minute attempt to use shading and negative space to draw the model (image at top of the post), I'm quite pleased with this result and would like to explore further with a more variety of pencils and charcoal.

No comments:

Post a Comment