Wednesday 13 March 2013

Life Drawing 10 - Female Model 3


This week we had a new female model in, and our aim was to concentrate on using alternate techniques.


To begin with we started with trying to trying to draw the model's silhouette using a single-line, I'm happy with the turn out on this exercise - as I feel the silhouette is very strong, though it was a challenge to capture the pose within the single use of a line.


The next set of exercises was to use a variety of media to draw her. We started with a sketch with using the left hand- I found this incredibly difficult, due to the face my arm wasn't comfortable with drawing this way, and many of the lines were twitchy. The next two images were done in charcoal then in felt pen- the latter of which I didn't enjoy as I could not use shading at all, so the image came out very cartoony.


The last two longer sketches, were done with charcoal, and I'm proud with the turn out on this - I feel my sketches have gotten lot more 3 dimensional - and are far more interesting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment