Wednesday 20 March 2013

Life Drawing Lesson 11 - Skeleton Redux





This week we returned to looking at the skeleton installation that we drew near the beginning of the life-drawing lessons.


 Unfortunately I was late to the lesson, due to trains, but we started off with doing very quick sketches of our classmates in various poses, using both our left and right hand. I struggled catching up with this exercise, and I'm not particularly happy with how the sketches came out, but I feel the majority of the poses are drawn well.


For the final two sketches I made use of a brown coloring pencil, and I found it very useful to do my drawings. On the first drawing I stuck with line art and I'm fairly happy with how the skeleton came out- I think the arm is a little off, but I overall I'm quite happy with the drawing.

For the last sketch (image at top of post) I used the pencil to shade, and this gave a much better sense of dimension and detail, I really enjoyed using this particularly medium, it was easy to control the tone and if I had more time, I think I could of done a really accurate anatomy illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment