Thursday 14 November 2013

Game Mechanics 6 - Texture tweaks and and Map texturing

This week I concentrated on finishing up a few textures I had started on for a few models, along with beginning the process of unwrapping the SU and texturing it.


Stage Model by Paul Simms.

Since the Stage was one of the more important models I had a lot more opportunity of going into detail on it. I had fun with doing the textures as I experimented with using different brushes to create the different scratches, markings and debris on the stage model.


I also went ahead and created a normal map for the BlackSquareBoard model, so we could try and get the crumpled paper texture to stick out more.


This week I only got around to unwrapping the SU mainly, we decided to go for a texture map for the walls and floors, rather than repeatable textures, this was due to time constraints and that we didn't want anything to go wrong with the unpredictability of importing the file into unity and having the uvs and textures mess up.


For the textures themselves, I tried to keep them as close to the SU and reference photo's as possible. My plan is to add normal mapping and specular shaders later on, to further enhance them.

No comments:

Post a Comment