Monday 19 November 2012

3d Lesson 10 - Texture Unwrapping

 

In today's lesson I used the UVW Unwrap tool to accurately edit and align textures to a model.


Starting with a cylinder I used the unwrap tool to move and position the uvw map so that the tin's base and sides were located separately.

 
Then all I had to do was to render the uvw map (which give me a wire frame image), and texture it in photo shop.
 
For the t-shirt, I had to pick either side of the t-shirt and apply a planar map to it, in order to create a copy for the front and back, as well as introducing seams.

 
 
Finally I positioned the back uvw map over the front, and using the stitching tools to stitch the seams together so the texture can pass through seamlessly, and without any misalignment.

Although a simple design, I like how the T-shirt came out, there wasn't a need to use a too busy texture, and I can see no stretching on the design. There are more automatd ways of doing this but I think overall this was a good introduction to using the UVW Unwrap.


No comments:

Post a Comment