Monday 12 November 2012

3d Lesson 9 - Bounce


We had a short lesson on animation today, focusing mainly on bouncing and convincing gravity.


The task was simple but very educational. I had to create a ball rolling and bouncing down some stairs in 3ds Max, which I did with the movement tool. I then had to open up the time line ui in the animation window and alter the trajectory in the time line - making the points where the ball 'bounces' a fast contour to give off more realistic gravity and movement.

I also applied a stretch filter to the sphere, and squashed the ball slightly when it landed and stretched it slightly when it's reached it's high point, this helped to exaggerate the movement of the bounce.

I found this a fun exercise, and I'm extremely happy with how my resulsts came out - I kept the squash and stretching subtle which I think worked in my favour, as it didn't destroy the realism of the movement, but made it a bit more interesting to watch than none at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment