Monday 5 November 2012

3d Lesson 8 - Hey Chef

This lesson we were tasked with doing a quick animation, using our own south park character we created.


The aim was to create a character talking, so animating both their lips and movement to fit in with a audio file. This was achieved by using the Dope sheet in the graph editor, to hide and show multiple mouth textures, to create an illusion of lips moving. The same thing was done with the eyes for blinking. I added the audio file first, then arranged the different textures to show/appear when appropriate.

I found this animation to be a pain, 3ds Max lagged in the animation window and had a tendacy to crash when I deleted or moved a key frame. In the end I only did the base work as it was incredibly frustrating to just do this small piece of animation. I feel I would of done alot more to a higher standard if 3ds Max was responding better or I was using a different program for the task.


No comments:

Post a Comment