Thursday 8 November 2012

Life Drawing 3 - Chairs and Ink


This week we had the challenge of drawing a pile of chairs through the perspective grid using charcoal. However this was very difficult, as the shape of the chairs were complex in themselves, and with the added effect of the grid it made the piece very challenging, I had great difficulty with it, I need to work on constructing straight lines in particular.


Our second task for the day was another skeleton based installtion, this time within the perspective grid.


I produced two drawings using ink and a lolipop stick. I found this to be quite fun, as I took a different approach to drawing these. I aimed to create the suggestion of form and movement using merely lines, rather than sketching the form out accurately. I was pleased with how it turned out and they proved to be a good practice for working with perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment