Thursday 10 October 2013

Game Mechanics 2 - Textures

We have been assigned a group project - which is model and map the student bar, and to interact with it as if it were a playable level.

In this first initial week we are merely setting things up. As part of the texture team, I was assigned with the task of creating some tillable textures, until models are made.


In order to check the textures tiled okay, I set up a scene in photoshop with some uv mapped walls, and tweaked the textures I made until they tiled without seams.

I'm pleased with how a few of the textures came out, namely the floor tiles, but I could still use some works on the bricks. I found it challenging to make the textures well, using the photo references, as it was hard to avoid shadows and misplaced colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment