Wednesday 30 October 2013

Game Mechanics 4 - FIller Models

This week of the SU project, I was merely texturing and producing some of my own filler models to help populate the environment, whilst the bigger models were being created and worked upon.


This model was really basic, and easy to do, just a thin box that I manipulated into having curved sides. Put very little detail into it as it will be one of those models that will go unnoticed.

Another quick model, which was for the fire alarm. Again I tried to keep the polys and detail low, as it would only be viewed from far away, the textures are also low in size for that reason.
Although as small as the fire alarm, I had a bit more opportunity to add detail to this model. I had more fun with it, as I feel the texture was a nice and accurate portrayal of the actual object.


The last model I did myself for this week, was for the black candle shaped light. Had more fun doing this model than the others for obvious reasons, I had the opportunity for a bit more detail but at the same time I had to ensure the poly count and verts were as low as possible for optimisation sake.


Black Square Board model by Martin Garnett.

For this model I just had to simply texture the two sides, and add a wood trim. For the moment the black paper is a flat colour, but in the future we have discussed adding a normal map to it, in order to give it crinkles, detail and depth.

Overall I had fun producing some of my own models for the project, although only minor additions I was glad to be able to keep the workflow going.


No comments:

Post a Comment