Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Main Character - Gloves

For the gloves I decided to use some references I found on pinterest and etsy.

This is because in the character concept art - there's not a lot of detail on the gloves themselves, so I decided it would be best to find some more detailed references.


For the carapace glove I based it off the design below:


Constructing it was fairly simple. I extruded and detached parts of the lower arm, then used the extrude tool to help build up the different carapace layers.

For the metal bolts sticking out of the mesh, I decided it would be best to sculpt these later on in zbrush and have them in the normal map.

For the other glove I decided to go with the following rawhide glove design:


I approached this in the same manner as the carapace gloves, by extruding and cloning a part of the arm.

I decided to mirror the actual hand as well, so that the glove part was on both hands.


I continued to use the extrude tool to bring out the different straps, and bulkier parts of the glove.


Much like the bolts on the carapace glove, I plan to sculpt them in zbrush as part of the normal map.

So far I'm fairly happy with the progress of the gloves, though I feel alot of the detail will come from the sculpting and textures. I will need to focus on these in particular to push the detail of the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment