Thursday 26 March 2015

The Main Character - Texturing the Outfit

After sculpting all the different models for the outfit in zBrush, I used xNormal to generate  Normal, AO, and Object Space Normal maps. I needed these maps for dDO, the program I planned to do my textures in.


I needed one more map, however, which was a color id map.

This map was to act as a mask for the different materials I wanted on my model. I used photoshop to make one.


I made this by using the UVW map as a guide, then blocking in with flat colours, the different materials I wanted on the different part of the model. Each colour would act as its own material mask.

Once that was done, I linked all the maps I generated into dDO and generated a base for my model.

Then all I had to do was pick a material, then link it to the colour that I wanted.

I simply repeated this until I had all the materials placed in their appropriate places.


I was very pleased with the speed of the results from dDo. I still plan to work on the textures more, but for now, I believe its best to keep moving on with the model and not get hung on small details until its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment