Thursday 5 March 2015

The Main Character - Head pt1

I started focusing on trying to make the character's face look more youthful. I started with the base mesh I already had, and attempted to tweak it in 3ds max.


I found this to be somewhat tedious and frustrating so instead I sent the model into zbrush and started sculpting it in there.


After subdividing the base mesh several times, I mainly used the clay build up brush to add more detail to the face, and to alter its general structure.

After experimenting for a while, I decided to send it back to 3dsmax. To ensure optimization I lowered the subdivision levels back down, and found that it kept the changes I made, just at a lower resolution.


Although I'm still far from happy with how the head looks at the moment, I am quite excited to continue this process in zbrush. I'm still learning the program, but its definitely interesting to see how quickly I can get a result through sculpting then lowering the subdivisions back down.

I feel as I practice more with the program, I can definitely speed up my workflow and produce higher quality results.

No comments:

Post a Comment