Thursday 4 October 2012

3d Lesson 1 - Teapots and Snowmen



For our first lesson we were introduced to was in 3ds Max. Given a tutorial on the basic interface, creating and moulding primitives, we were given the task to assemble (or reassemble) a snowman and Animate him.



I found the task to be relatively easy as I've worked extenstively with animation last year, although we were not using bones and it was fully 3d I found the principles simple, and I made a short and quick animation. It's nothing special but I found it a fun experience none the less.



In futre I hope to take this further and create more organic models and animate them, possibly with a skeleton. As for the animation itself, I realise it could use some smoothing but as a first attempt at basic animating, I am fairly glad how it turned out especially the tree's movement, although exaggerated I feel it conveys a nice sense of wind physics.


No comments:

Post a Comment