Monday 15 October 2012

3d Lesson 5 - Asteroids and Enterprise




 Here in this lesson I had to make a model of an asteroid using the deformed tool which alters the model's surface based off the texture applied to it, this allowed me to get the nice rocky texture for my asteroid.

The next thing I did was insert a startfield and animate the comet drifting through space. I added the illusion of the camera moving by slowly rotating the starfield in the opposite direction.



Our next assignment was to make a model of the USS Enterprise from Star trek, using three images supplied by our tutor.

It more of a task of creating shapes and altering their form to match up and overlap the blue-prints we were given. It was a bit of a challenge getting the shapes to match up precisely but I believed I got away with it.


When I created the textures I took a bit of artistic license due to time constraints, I textured the model as best I can to at least match the style of the ship.


Overall I found the project a good lesson in creating more complex models, but I am keen on trying my hand at something organic now.


No comments:

Post a Comment