Wednesday 24 October 2012

Life Drawing 2 - Swans and Negative Space


 In this Life Drawing session we had to sketch a still life from an installation in the center of the room, in this case a swan's skeleton.

In the first drawing I used a pencil to draw the swan's form, I feel that I am getting more confident in my line-art, and over time I hope to produce these images quicker, as I was unable to finish sektching the whole figure.


The second drawing was done looking through a perspective grid, which was in the fore-ground, here I attempted to sketch using negative space with charcoal, intiially just drawing the shadows and erasing the swan out of the charcoal with a rubber. However it proved far too difficult to get the grid and perspective of the swan correct, if I had more time I might of been able to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment